Improved Access – Hub Appointments
You may have read in the news that GP surgeries across the country are launching a new service to offer additional appointments to patients across evenings and weekends.
Great Massingham and Docking Surgeries are excited to announce that we are now one of 21 local GP surgeries who are working together to offer additional appointments to our patients.
The additional appointments are now available at our hubs in Kings Lynn or Swaffham
We are able to offer an extended access appointment at either our Kings Lynn hub, or our Swaffham hub.
How do I access the service?
The provision of this service is only available to patients who are registered with one of the 21 surgeries within West Norfolk
Appointments are made via the patient’s own GP surgery and are available to patients who are unable to access appointments during normal surgery hours or when surgery appointments are fully booked.
What appointments are available?
Kings Lynn - Evening appointments are available from 6.30-8pm and Saturday appointment from 8am-1pm
Swaffham - Saturday appointments are available from 8am-1pm
Where do I need to go?
Kings Lynn - Three duty surgeries are now offering extended access appointments on a rotation basis, our receptionist will advise which practice to attend for the time of your appointment, but the three practices are:
1) Southgates Medical Centre, 41 Goodwins Road, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 5QX
2) St James Medical Practice, County Court Rd, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 5SY.
3) St John’s Surgery, Main Road, Terrington St John, Wisbech, Norfolk, PE14 7RR
Swaffham - Three duty surgeries are now offering extended access appointments on a rotation basis, our receptionist will advise which practice to attend for the time of your appointment, but the three practices are:
1) Campingland Surgery, Beech Close, Swaffham, Norfolk, PE37 7RD
2) Litcham Health Centre, Monor Drive, Kings Lynn, PE32 2NW
3) Gt Massingham Surgery, Station Rd, Kings Lynn, PE32 2JQ
What conditions can be treated?
The hubs are designed to treat patients with acute minor ailments who require a face-to-face clinical assessment in order to be treated appropriately. Appointments are available with a GP, Nurse or HCA
Patients who cannot be seen:
- Babies under 12 weeks old
- Pregnancy-related problems
- Chronic disease or long-term condition management that requires continuity of care
- Severe mental health problems
- Patients identified with a potentially life-threatening medical condition which requires referral to urgent or emergency care settings
- Walk-in patients